Since 2013, SE "UkrRTC" Energostal" is one of the partners of «Joint European Tempus» in the project «Higher engineering training for environmentally sustainable industrial development» (HETES) 543966-TEMPUS-1-2013-1-BE-TEMPUS-JPCR.
October 24 to 28 2016 the University of Granada (Spain) held a VI coordination meeting where results of the project were discussed and a detailed work plan for the next period was prepared.
Botstein V.A., first deputy director general, and Mantula V.D., director of research institute «Energostal», took part in meeting as representatives of SE "UkrRTC" Energostal".
The report of the contribution of SE "UkrRTC" Energostal" in HETES project was made by Botstein V.A., deputy director general, who informed about the following works carried out by SE "UkrRTC" Energostal":
• method of calculation of carbonic acid gas emission from iron, steel and ferroalloy production (with sinter and pellets production),
• method of calculation of carbonic acid gas emission from ferroalloy production,
• method of calculation of carbonic acid gas emission from iron and steel production;
- ways to decrease greenhouse gas emission, to rise energy saving and to decrease use of unrenewable resources in mining and metal sector of Ukraine were defined;
- results of calculation for greenhouse gas emission from enterprises of mining and metal sector were compared with National Inventory Report;
- investment programs of enterprises of mining and metal sector and existing technologies of energy saving and decrease of greenhouse gas emissions were analyzed;
- energy-saving measures which can be defined as joint projects were developed;
- list of the most effective measures to decrease greenhouse gas emission at enterprise of mining and metal sector of Ukraine including use of secondary energy resources was composed;
- data about decrease of specific and average annual indexes of greenhouse gas emission at enterprises of mining and metal sector of Ukraine was summarized;
- estimation of decrease of greenhouse gas emission and energy resource consumption during reconstruction of enterprises of mining and metal sector and during implementation of energy-saving technologies and equipment was executed.
The study guide for the training of specialists in the field of industrial ecology will be published based on past experience.